Thursday, July 8, 2010

I love Sports

I really do. If given the opportunity, I'll watch just about any sports competition. But lately, the whole sports world seems to have lost its collective mind. Here's a few of the problems I see.

> Baseball All-Star Game. Stop already. Stop trying to cram this game down my throat. Quit telling me I need to vote. When the whole voting process is conducted like a Chicago election, I don't think my vote will really mean a hill of beans anyway. I really just don't care. I'm just so sick and tired of the hype. Now they'll stop the season for a few days and we'll be subjected to the home run derby and all kinds of ridiculous interviews. I'm all for skipping this altogether.
> Soccer. Who gives a rip?!?! The game is totally un-American and should be limited to ages 12 and under or those who just can't help themselves. For one thing, I don't like a game where you can only score one point at a time. Make a two-point or three-point line. Have more free shots. And not being able to use your hands? Come on now, there's got to be times when the hands get involved. I like whole-body sports: Baseball (the best), football, basketball. And doesn't the whole idea of being 'offsides' seem weird?
> LeBron James. Just go play, make your billions, and go away. You're overpaid, spoiled and making a joke out of the whole free agent process. I heard they were going to hold a special on ESPN for him to make his announcement. Seriously? There's one I won't be watching.

No comments: