Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I've Got Dentists Figured Out

I went to see the dentist a few days ago and since then I've figured something out. This epiphany came after the hygienist officially water-boarded me and then scraped every last bit of enamel from my teeth. I've figured out that the pain is always slightly more than the anesthetic can absorb. I mean, really, she goes until I finally can't help but wince in pain. I'd swear that if I didn't show some sign of discomfort she would have removed my jaw.
Then to top it off, as I'm sitting in the chair, I look over and I read on the computer screen her notes from my last visit. It states that 'the patient was not receptive/responsive'. What! Of course I'm not receptive, I'm at the stinkin' dentist's office for Pete's sake. I do not want to be there. In fact, I never want to be there.
What are they teaching in dental school anyway?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Imagine that....someone thinking YOU could be unreceptive? Not only that, they advertise it for others to see.