Tuesday, May 25, 2010

First the dentist, now the doctor

OK, it wasn't as painful, at least not physically. I went to the doctor today just to have blood drawn prior to my appointment next week. When I arrived, there wasn't anyone in the waiting room. There were three, count'em, three ladies sitting behind the glass. One checked me in while the other two discussed the final 'Lost' episode. I sat in the waiting room for about 20 minutes. No other patients came or went the whole time. Finally a nurse came out, looked around the room, then in a loud voice said, without looking at me, "Anthony?" What the heck, I'm the only one there! Who's she talking to? Anyway, we go back, she takes my blood, and I leave. I never saw another patient and mine was the only car in the parking lot. So my question is, why did I have to wait? Is it some kind of requirement that patients have to wait at least a few minutes just so they know who's in charge? Is there some medical reason for this? Why, oh why, do we always have to wait? I need to know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why, oh why, must you ALWAYS complain. I need to know.

EL GUAPO said...

OK, if you must know, I'll tell you. First I'll tell you that I am the happiest person on this planet. Yes, it's true. I have been so blessed. One of the reasons I'm so happy is that I have a place where I can vent and complain in private, that's my blog. My question to you is, why do you even read it? It's my place to go to put down my feelings and frustrations so I don't have to say then out loud to people I'm around. Saves me a lot of grief. Happy reading.