Monday, May 24, 2010

Five Obama Quotes ....

.... is all I really need to know where he stands on issues, and he's wrong on every one.

1) "I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody."
Now I'm all for everyone being wealthy, but not when you do it the Robin Hood way, by stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. I've lived in subsidized housing and I've used government provided health care. I used it to help pull me up so that I could take care of me and my family myself. And I don't mind helping out those less fortunate, but 99 weeks of unemployement?!?! Come on, let's teach these people how to fish instead of giving them a constant supply of seafood.

2) "I've got two daughters, 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."
Wow, I had never thought of children before as punishment for something. I guess in this case we should punish the baby by killing it? So let me get this right, if your daughter gets drunk and drives, then gets pulled over by the police, I guess you really don't want her to be punished with a ticket or higher insurance or traffic school. Is that right? We can make choices but we can't always control the consequences of those choices. It's called living and learning.

3) "It's not surpising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns and religion...."
Yes, Mr. President, I do cling to religion, a religion that believes in God and that I am a child of God. I believe in self-worth, in self-reliance, in working hard, in prayer, in attending church meetings on Sunday, in keeping the sabbath day holy, in the holy scriptures, in Jesus Christ. I think the real question is, 'What do you cling to?'

4) "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."
What in the flip is a civilian national security force? Be honest, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear that phrase? I think of Maria, in the Sound of Music. Remember her boyfriend, Rolf? A young man who had been brainwashed into following the Nazis. Call me crazy but it was the first thing I thought of.

5) "I know my country has not perfected itself. At times, we've struggled to keep the promise of liberty and equality for all of our people. We've made our share of mistakes, and there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions."
If Mr. Obama had said this in a cabinet meeting or within a private group in order to try to better our country, I would have been fine with it. But he is actually apologizing to the world, apologizing for us being the best nation on this planet in every respect. No country has accomplished more for the world, done more good for the world or sacrificed more for the world. We are a blessed nation and most Americans recognize that.

These are simply five quotes I've collected. There are many more. And I am fairly certain that there are many more to come. Are you listening?

No comments: