Monday, January 4, 2010

Avatar - The Movie

First, I'm not a film critic. Wait, I take that back. I'm a movie watcher who knows a good or bad movie when he sees one. So I think that qualifies me to be a film critic. So here I go.

I went to see 'Avatar' at the iMax theater in 3D. What an experience! Great picture, great sound and the special effects were spectacular. The movie was pathetic. If you love Al Gore and Greenpeace, hate George W. Bush and the Iraq war, worship Mother Earth (instead of God) and trees, then you'll think this movie is a masterpiece. This was the biggest propaganda movie I've seen in quite some time. And it was advertised as an action movie but as it turns out, there was very little action in the entire 2 hour 45 minute experience.

I don't mind a subtle political message here or there (either liberal or conservative) while watching a movie but this was ridiculous. What ever happened to the fun, feel good movies of yesterday? Gene Kelly, I miss you.

No comments: