Thursday, December 2, 2010

Soccer?, really?

Hard to believe it's been almost four months since I last posted here, but I'm back, ready to criticize, condemn and complain. Hey, this is my blog and I can do whatever I want. At least until Obama and his left-leaining cronies shut me down.



So today I read that FIFA selected Qatar to host the 2022 world cup soccer games. Two things come to mind: 1) Bad choice and 2) who cares?

1) Bad choice: Who in the heck wants to play or watch soccer in 100+ degree heat? No one with any common sense. And this country has only two big cities, Doha and Al Rayyan with populations of 1 million and one-half million respectively. This is where all those fans will converge? What a mess. Then to top if off, it's in the middle of the Persian Gulf - a hotbed of politcal unrest. Is their plan to suspend Sharia law during the games? Oh my, what will the human rights people say? When the other primary choices were the U.S. and Australia, the choice of Qatar is just plain dumb. But then again, this is FIFA we're talking about.



2) With all that said, I have to ask, "Who cares?" Despite the efforts of so many, soccer is just not an American game. Too low scoring, games that end in ties, rules that don't make sense (offsides?) and no hands!! This is just not the American way. Leave soccer to the 5-12 year olds. Let everyone else who cares go to Qatar for vacation in 2022. Enjoy yourself.

No comments: