Tuesday, November 4, 2008

America is Amazing

I'm writing as I'm watching the election results - probably not the best time to write because of all of the emotions I'm feeling. First and foremost, I love this country. Unlike Michelle Obama, I've been proud of my country all of my life. America is Amazing!

But now I feel frustrated and worried. My hope is that Barack Obama does not do as much damage to our country as I think he will. Everyone talks about him turning more toward the center, and that's the most I could hope for. He's always done whatever he needed to to get the support of the people around him. He's a political cameleon, with no set principals or values. You take that trait and the fact that he has turned himself into a celebrity/rock star and poof!, you become a US President. Unexperienced, untested, but loved by 55 million Americans.

So where do we go from here? Obama, Reid and Pelosi are now in charge. America is Amazing!

No comments: